Window Energy Ratings & A-Rated Windows from Europlas
Window Energy Ratings (WER's) were introduced to provide you with a simple comparison of how energy efficient windows are. Launched by the BFRC (British Fenestration Rating Council) the labels use a simple traffic light method and are used in the same way as the labels found on white goods such as fridges and washing machines.
'A' rated windows
'A' rated windows are the highest performing energy efficient windows available and are installed by Europlas as standard. We have been in the PVCU replacement window industry for over 34 years and the A rated window guarantees substantial cost savings on fuel as well as saving tonnes of CO2 emissions.
Part L Regulations
From 1st October 2010 a replacement window will have to reach a minimum of a C rating in order to meet the government regulations called the part L Document. This has been issued in order to meet the lower targets for emissions set out by the government in April 2010.
Key Points for WER's
- Europlas offer an 'A' rated window as standard
- 'C' rated window is the minimum industry standard as of October 2010
- The WER scheme runs just like the system used on white goods
- Europlas use Saint Gobain Planitherm Total + glass which is a Low e glass, and is one of the most efficient glasses available
- Europlas are a member of the
Europlas's A rated window can
- Guarantee savings on fuel bills
- Reduce your carbon footprint
- Make your home more comfortable and warmer